Sunday, June 11, 2006

Slacker!!!!

Sunday 11th June 2006

Currently listening to: Live at Leeds by The Who - borrowed off of Aye. And what a great live album it is!

Ok, first off I must apologies for not writing more frequently. It's been a hugely busy month and writing in the Blog has become less of a priority, but given the comments complaining about the lack of post's I guess more of you lot read it than I think. So here is an update on both the knee and the last two months!

Knee:

Ok. Still going to physio once a week. Almost at 100% flexibility and it is getting better the more work I do on it. I've joined the local LA Fitness which means I can go on the way home and means it's harder to slack off.

At the gym I'm onto treadmills, cross trainers, bikes, leg press, abducter weights and a few upper body stuff as I'm there. Spending a lot of time on the core stability muscles doing crunches, lunges (for the thighs) and bridging for the gluts.

I'm just about managing three times a week, which is pretty good I think. I'm hoping that I can return to playing footie fitter than I was before the injury. Part of this new found determination is what happened in the cup final. Read the report here. It deserves a post on it's own, but probably not tonight.

Other stuff, this is what I've been doing since April. Sorry its a long list of things, but there's just too much to write about!

Sunday 16th April - Max got baptised at Penge and we had a bit of a party afterwards. What a great day!

Saturday 22nd April - PFCFC beat Christ Church Bromley at home 1-0 . Max scoring the winner. Helped young Pippa Williams choose a bass and also indulged in a small practice bass amp! Went to Southampton in the evening with Ralph, Dani, Rich, Luke to see Rob and Lou. Excellent night out although we did end up in Flares in Southampton - DO NOT GO THERE. It was possibly the least classy place I've ever been in. Also - try flaming sambouca's in plastic glasses...

Sunday 23rd April - wandered around Southampton with local guide Rob. Had a great lunch by the marina with a fantastic chocolate fondue for 7. Mmmmm..... chocolate fondoue.....

Monday 24th April - Met Sarah N for a bite to eat at Miso's in Croydon before heading off to training where we had a focused last training on astro before the cup final

Tuesday 25th April - physio

27th- 28th April - on a course in Brighton. Was in a room with a view of the sea and the Pier - awesome!

Sunday 30th June - Ben and Lou came down from Brentford in the afternoon and we many people came over for lunch and then a bit of frisbee in the park. Parent's popped in as well, which hasn't ever happened and was a nice surprise.

Monday 1st May - Mum and Dad hosted a reunion of old friends from when I was a wee nipper (I.e. under 13). Great to see Paul, Barbara, Pete Claydon; Paul and Lucy Norford, the Gough Clan - loads of them now; Toby & wife, Suzie and Liz Buckridge (that has been a long time). In fact too many people to remember (must make the effort), but a top day nonetheless.

Tuesday 2nd May - Physio

Friday 5th May - Isaac's stag do at Boisdales - classy, pricey but definitely a place to return to. Especially when the rather nice jazz singer say's she love's me!

Saturday 6h May - Mike Laxton cup final. We lose 3-1. Bugger. End of season get together after the game helped to numb the pain though... Still gutted.

Monday 8th May - to the gym and then to a BCCL management meeting.

Tuesday 9th May - Physio and then for a curry with Tim W to dicsuss the weekend away at a great curry house in Croydon.

Wednesday 10th May - saw the consultant re the knee. He's more than happy with the strength of the graft and appears to be unconcerned on the whole about any scar tissue still kicking around. Got another appointment in 3 months.

Friday 12th May - was supposed to be hosting a dinner for Charlie, Simon and Helen, but given the weather we swtiched the venue to Simon's and had a BBQ. The fantabulous CT joined us as well. Is this a new member of the dinner circle?.....

Saturday 13th May - saw the podiaterist in the morning. I have flat feet and need some orthopeadic insoles. Had the privelige of playing bass at Isaac and Sue's wedding and had a loverly afternoon at their reception. Isaac's brother Ben cooked the food and it was luch. Must get out to his pub in Chelsfield. Missed watching what everyone tell's me was the greatest cup final for many many years, but saw the highlights. My word Stevie G is a player!

Monday 15th May - Met up with Sarah N and John A up in town for some drinks, a catch up and dinner at Wagamama's

Tuesday 16th May - physio

Wednesday 17th May - Champions League final - Arsenal go down 2-1 to Barcelona. Felt like a repeat of our own cup final.

Thursday 18th May - was planning to meet Brian and Gill for dinner, but they had to cancel so went to the gym instead.

Friday 19th May - Pete Keen's Birthday BBQ. Excellant evening. Caught up with some peeps, met some new ones.

Saturday 20th May - had a worship jam. Did 'You are God in heaven' b ythe Redman. Had lunch at Jack's then did some shopping in Croydon - still searching for a decent pair of work shoes and then went to gym.

Monday 22nd May - gym

Tuesday 23rd May - birthday drinks up at the Bierodrome on Kingsway. Good to see all who came out to sample the strawberry beer. Thanks for the drinks and the presents! A good evening was rounded off with this fantastic email from Ralph 'inbuilt sense of direction' Palmer:

Morning all
Well, after getting absolutely battered last night I obv got the train from CX
Sadly I then fell asleep as was knackered and did the usual thing of waking up at Hayes, doh...
As I was not really that with it being both hammered and tired I then proceeded to leave my mag I'd been reading on the train, doh... did manage to get my bag down from overhead though, yeah!
As I walked out the station a bus pulled up (don't know the no) but I did notice it said "via WW" so I was like, result! and jumped on. Oyster machine awasn't working double result so free trip. Sadly said bus was going back to Bromley North where the bus driver kindly informed me it wouldn't be going any further...doh!
I then jumped off and was left with walking as very little cash left for cab and due to idiot card cloners no bank card either, doh...
Got down to end of the bypass towards BS and crossed the road at the islands. Then notice a coppers car with his lights on next to me. Take out my headphones and he mentions he "nearly got me". Can't actually recall what I replied with but I was tempted to go "your a c*ck, your a c*ck, your a c*ck!" I notice even though he had his blues and twos on he still had time to lecture me, nice!
Then proceeded to carry on the walk home and got in just after 2! Had a couple of bits to sort when in so got to bed at 3 and I am now very much Dion Dublin. I'm actually quite proud I've managed to bash this mail out this morn and I reckon it's gonna be about thye sum total of what I acheice today
Lesson to be learned, don't let me go near Strawberry flavoured beer
Roll on 4 o'clock
Yours
A dead man

Thursday 25th May - gym

Friday 26th May - dinner and football chat at Ron's house. My digital camera arrived today. It's a birthday present to myself. As soon as I can I'll get some photo's up onto the web.

Saturday 27th May - decided to go to Paris for the weekend, to see my Uncle and family and to have a look around this great city. Took loads of photo's saw the Mona Lisa and lot's of other cool stuff. Slightly inspired by the Da Vinci Code, it was a great way to see bits of paris you wouldn't usually go to. Was really pleased I managed to make it there and back on my own. Never having done it before. Even managed to order some food in a cafe. Makes me wish I knew more languages, but also made me think it wouldn't be so hard to go elsewhere either.

Tuesday 30th May - physio

Thursday 1st June - my bosses leaving do. Much fun and again, some great nosh.

Saturday 3rd June - met up with Mike for lunch who was back for the weekend and then went to watch England beat Jamaica 6-0 at Ralph's.

Sunday 4th June - possibly the most overbooked day ever. Up to Biggin Hill to see Pricey get Baptised. Airshow was on as well, so got to see loads of old planes. Best bet was seeing Dave get dunked and thanks for an ace BBQ afterwards. Then onto Lauries 18th party which was also lush. Lasty to my parents for high tea to celebrate mine and my sister Becky's birthday. Mmmmm .... cakes....

Monday 5th June - BCCL management meeting

Tuesday 6th June - gym

Wednesday 7th June - joint cell group at the building. Lead worship on the bass for the first time. Great stuff.

Thursday 8th June - physio - then spent an hour praying with Jack, Aye and Max. Think I might be in a band again.Bring it on.

Friday 9th June - Tom's stag do. Poker night at his place. Went out in the first round to a guy with just 20p left! The world cup has begun!

Saturday 10th June - gym then to Andy F's for a Birthday BBQ and the first of the England world cup games. We win 1-0 but could do better. Next match on Thursday. Up to Jazz after dark in the evening for the second part of Tom's stag do. Excellant evening. Home at 3am.

Sunday 11th June - played bass at chuch. What a great morning. Had a fry up at the Pride of Venice. Feel asleep for two hours in the afternoon. And here we are!

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

Surely you are old enough to know that ANYWHERE called 'Flares' (and believe me they are everywhere) is not going to be a classy place!

Nice to have something to read - and find out what you've been up to!

See ya soon bruv

Liz
xxx

 
At 9:27 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

Did you get my last comment? I had to login and join up and all sorts of rubbish.

If not, what I said was: surely you are old enough to know that anywhere called 'Flares' is not going to be a classy place. I used to get dragged to the one in Croydon- it was a horrendous experience and one of the only times I refused to dance.

Nice to know what you've been up to.

See you soon

Liz
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home