Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Recovery - Week 7

Wednesday 5th Apr 2006

Currently listening to: Parachutes by Coldplay

Had a physio appointment yesterday at 6pm. As I haven't really been keeping up with the exercises it was tough. But I've got all my exercises on one sheet now, and I was taken through a few stretches that should help. Mainly hamstring and thigh stretches as these are still tight and making the knee ache. The physio also really pushed the flexibility in the knee and this really did hurt, but it felt a lot better afterwards. This is done by putting a rolled up towel behind the knee (whilst lying on my stomach) and then pushing the ankle towards my butt. Then you are supposed to push against the physio to loosen it off after which it is moved even further downwards. My patella was massaged to try and get this looser and make movement better. There is obviously still some healing to occur here, after all they did take a third of it out!

I then did an hour in the gym and really pushed it on the bike. Probably the hardest workout I've done so far and my glut's and thighs can still feel it today. But it's good pain as you know it is making you stronger.

I need to book an appointment with the pediaterist as well, as my slightly fallen arches are causing my feet to turn in which is twisting the knee slightly and putting everything out of line! Another thing not quite working properly then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home