Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I have discovered Ebay......

Tuesday 10th Apr 2006

Currently listening to: The Best Album in the world ... Ever! - Vol 4

Oh dear.

I've signed up to eBay.

This could be a very bad thing.

Within a week of siging up I've already purchased 6 CD's in 5 days. [Gulp]. I could be hooked.

I've been looking for those "Best Of" compilations that were released in the mid '90s as they were a great collection of what I liked at the time. The first one has some absolute classics on it for me. Of course, you look at them at think that they are expensive at the time and that you have a lot of the tracks elsewhere. But hey - on eBay they are only £2.50 or so - Ace!

As you can see, they have started to arrive in the post and I'm listening through them before I leave any feedback on them. Two have arrived in 3/4 days but I'm still waiting on my first one from 5 days ago. I quite like the feedback aspect of eBay. I guess it's a great way of rating something that could easily be a rip-off. It has obviously gone through a lot of development, with the ability to mutually withdraw feedback etc, but it is a self regulating marketplace and is interesting from that point of view.

But the thing I like most is that there's always that element of uncertainty that you may not, in the end, get the goods you have bid for. It does make shopping a lot more interesting than just paying at a counter for it, although, at least in that scenario you can see the good's before it arrives. I quite like the items with an actual photo as they definitely give you more confidence about buying it.

Hmmm, what else has happened this week?.. PFCFC won again on Saturday. We were 1-0 down at half time, but some tough managerial decisions helped to send the team out to win the second half 2-0. Cup final in 4 weeks! Blimey - still excited about it. Had a great lunch at Mum and Dad's on Sunday with Alan and Bev, Emily and little Jonathon, then headed over to Jack's to watch the Arsenal vs Man Utd match which was well worth a look.

Went to the flicks to see Ice Age 2 on Saturday. Enjoyed it and it had me laughing out loud at points. Not the greatest film ever and not as good as no 1, but I didn't regret giving up 2 hours watching it.

We had 30 people at training on Monday. That's the most we've ever had. Mainly becuase we had the astro for 2 hours and people were looking to play in the friendly next saturday and people were back from university. Thought we coped quite well overall, but phew!

Only a 4 day week this week, so I guess I'm halfway through it already! Yea!

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eBay rocks

 
At 12:52 AM, June 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm....
what's going on? Hmm?
Where are the updates please.
I'm in dire need of urgent knee-healing news. Where else am i going to find any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home