Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Recovery - Week 8

Tuesday 11th Apr 2006

Currently listening to: The best Album in the world ... Ever! - Volume 4

I've managed to make it to the gym 3 times since my last physio appointment. Which, for me, is pretty good. I've been pushing it on the bike and I have been feeling the familiar feeling of aching thighs again. It's also got me working cardiovascularly as well, which is really useful as it's been about 5 months (!!!!!!!) since I had done enough exercise to make me sweat.

I went to physio again tonight. The flexibility in the knee has got better; it's almost at full flexion but not quite. There is still scar tissue around the wound which will get worked out the more it is moved. So I got another session of having my ankle pushed up to my butt (owww that hurt - but not as much as last week), and also having the patella massged. It's still numb in that area, but it isn't as swollen.

The question is what to do next week as the physio gym is shut over Easter. I guess I'll have to do all the stretches etc at home and try to concentrate and not get distracted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home